Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The South Coast Christmas Adventure

We just returned from our awesome Christmas beach vacation on the south coast. In total we spent about 9 days on the Indian Ocean which was a real treat. The water was warm, the beaches were filled with white sand and we met some really nice people. A BIG THANK YOU to the Rowley family for hosting us for Christmas and letting us stay at their awesome holiday home in Balitto. They were such a nice family and we all shared some really good chats...and laughs!




The Rowley's and friends having some sun-downers on the water. So nice.



The view from the Rowley's balcony.

Some of the scenery along the coast. And don't let this fool you, some of the waves got REALLY big and not safe at all if you didn't have a surfboard!


Near Pennington we found a nearby nature reserve / park. So we decided to have a stroll through to see some animals. Very peaceful and very beautiful and we were told we could walk around, but considering we saw wildebeast everywhere, we decided to stay in the car. We also had a very funny incident with a zebra...see posting below!




Cool shot of an impala grazing by the car.


Geoff also insisted that we stop at "CrocWorld" - which ended up being cool because we actually saw a feeding. And these are no ordinary crocs -they are South African Crocs - some of them up to 20 feet in length!








One of our nights in Pennington at the B&B we stayed at - run by Jim and his family. Very nice to welcome in our 1st anniversary on the 27th.

1 comment:

  1. Hy Geoff !!! I don't know if you remember me, But as I found the blog you made with your wife, I thought you might be happy to get news about me... Who am I????
    Do you remember spending 6 months in a little french city called Strasbourg???
    We were living in the same house at that time... But this house was not mine....
    OK, enough of mystery...
    I'm Caroline, I was Cedric's girlfriend.
    Now (9 years later), I am married (just like you !!!! Congratulations, it's your first anniversary !!!), and I still live in Strasbourg.
    As I can see you went to South Africa !!! I've been there with my husband last year. Did you try sharke diving??? That's amazing !!
    South Africa is one of the greatest destination I visited.
    Well, I don't want to disturb you any longer.
    I'm glad that I found your blog !! It's good to have news about you so many years later!!

    I give you my email adress if you want to write me back (it's not an obligation) : georg.caroline@gmail.com

    Bye

    ReplyDelete